Saturday, May 7, 2016

Graduation.

Over a week has passed since I finished my internship (and subsequently my undergraduate studies). It wasn't so much a liberation but instead merely the end of just another phase in life. The universe wasted no time in welcoming me to the real world as 'adult' matters poured in incessantly. In fact, they seemed even bigger since I no longer had my academics to distract me.

It's still early days, and I guess I'm still adapting to life after graduation. It's different for everyone, of course, but this is my lot and I accept what I've been given. I'm the type of person who constantly needs to have something to do in order to maintain his sanity.

I still have France to look forward to, and I'm taking my time with preparations. I still have over a month to plan, so I can afford to go at my own pace. In any case, I'm not really in the mental and emotional state to do any concrete planning at this point in time.

There are, of course, bigger decisions to be made other than my itinerary for France. I'm still not really sure what to do with my life - if the place I interned at offers me a job (and right now it seems likely that it will) I'll take it, and maybe I'll work there for a few years before furthering my studies. But then what? It may seem like it's far too early to plan for that, and maybe it is, but it's good to have some idea of your path in life.

I guess I don't have too much to write about in this post, as I've either already written out my thoughts on Facebook or simply chosen not to share them online. My head is a mess right now anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment