Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Round and Round.

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."
- Anonymous

I lost a good friend today. It was, of course, quite saddening, but I managed to cheer myself up by watching some Youtube videos of 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' sketches.


No, no, he didn't die. He just departed from my life, for the time being.

You know how sometimes you feel a certain connection to someone, even if you've only just met? I've only had that a few times throughout my life so far, and this was one of those times.

And today was the last time I'll be seeing him again, at least for the next six or seven years anyway. He'll be off to Russia in September to study medicine, and from that point on the only way to contact him would be through Facebook. Oh well, that's still better than nothing. All the best to him, then.

****

Life is like a wheel. Yes, it's an often-used simile. Cliched, even. But you have to admit, it's true. One moment you're on top, and the next you're right there at the bottom.

The thing is, once you find yourself at the bottom, you need to find your way back to the top. A wheel won't turn unless a force is acting upon it, and likewise, if you don't do anything constructive about your problems, you're never gonna solve them. 

That being said, I bid thank you to Drew Carey and his cast of comedians. They've just helped me to solve mine.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, Yitzhak left already? I just called him recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not Yitzhak. Haha. I have other friends too, you know.

    ReplyDelete