Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Back.

I haven't posted here since January.

There was supposed to have been a post in February, but it was based on this book I'd read and I couldn't find the time to skim through it again for the purpose of said post, hence why it still remains unfinished and unposted. And after holding back on one post, naturally, I've not written any others since then. Until now, anyway.

Months have passed and, during that time, I've submitted my thesis, finished the Level 3 exams of my sign language course, and played in a chess tournament, as well as other things. Today is the last day of Ramadan, and in just over a month from now I'll be on a plane to Sabah, where I'll be spending two weeks at a primary school located in an area so isolated that I won't be getting any phone service or internet access. I guess you could say I've been a bit busy.

I've also been looking ahead to doing my PhD, which is likely to begin after the turn of the new year. My supervisor tells me that this time, unlike during my Master's, I'll have such responsibilities as showing up on campus from time to time and taking over tutorials for other lecturers. I suppose it's sort of an induction to slowly prepare me for potentially getting hired as a full-time staff member at the university. 

It's not quite the plan I've always had for myself, but it looks to be the best option at the moment. It's also not what anyone else I know is doing, but I see that as a good thing. I know that the unbeaten path that I've been on for all this time will eventually rejoin the path other people are walking, but it's nice to see that that won't be for some time yet.

Well, whatever happens, I hope I'll still be able to find the time to write in this blog - not because I believe that anyone eagerly anticipates my periodic updates, but to ensure that I spend time writing at least once a month to keep the authorial juices flowing. See you in the next post, whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment