Monday, May 26, 2014

No Title Needed.

I sometimes wonder if anyone actually ever reads the words I write on this blog. I mean, they mostly consist of ramblings regarding whatever's on my mind at the time of writing - it's hardly profound insight.

Other people share links to their blog posts on social media websites. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, as it's natural for a writer to want people to read what they've written. It's pretty much the same as sharing a photo, except a photo - a regular, un-Photoshopped one, anyway - requires less effort to create. People share their photos because they want others to see what they see, while they share blog posts because they want people to see what they think. Or at least as best as they can put those thoughts into words, anyway.

I don't share my blog posts. Heck, people wouldn't even know I had a blog unless they asked (or go looking around the About section of my Facebook profile). The reason for this is because I don't really really want people to read my blog; at the same time, I don't really mind if they do. I write in my blog because I like writing, and if I go for too long without writing something I fear I might lose my touch.

Having said that, I am careful about what I write, because you never know who might read it. I'm not one to stir up controversy, so I don't write about sensitive issues and the like. Furthermore, I seem to have that (apparently rare) ability to separate my thoughts from my emotions, so I don't think I let whatever anger, sadness or happiness that I'm feeling at the time of writing to seep through too much.  I imagine people who know me probably read my words in my trademark monotonous, expressionless voice. Displaying emotions in any form, written or otherwise, can have unwanted repercussions, so why take the risk?

I'm not going to ramble for too long today, although I probably could, thanks to the levels of brain activity my finals are giving me. Yes, my final exams are going on, the first paper of which started today. I should probably go study or something. Until next time, folks.

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading your blog about an hour ago. I found it while I was searching for another random blog to read from, but don't worry cause I'm not a stalker.haha

    ReplyDelete